Friday 21 September 2012

Zygor Guides - Fully Updated & Improved for Mists of Pandaria


With the release of Mists of Pandaria looming ever closer, I thought I'd mention Zygor's Guides in its own post as I believe it is one of, if not the best WoW leveling guides out there. I began using Zygor's Leveling Guide way back when I first started playing. My husband had been playing for about 3 months before I caved in & gave it a try myself. He'd got badly lost on his first character & almost quit until he found this fantastic WoW leveling guide so when I did start playing, I used it too.

Now this was before Blizzard improved the quest log, quest tracking, map system & before they added the little tips you get in the starter zones. I remember clearly googling for hours, looking for a 'how to play WoW  guide' or 'leveling in WoW' article of some sort. Having never played an RPG or any other MMO before, I was totally lost but Zygor's Guide gave me the directions I needed in game to get my first character moving.

I use Zygor's Guide every time I start a new character - not because I really need it now for the Alliance characters but because I just find it so easy to use & I got lazy! I recently started a new account on the US servers & have been playing Horde seriously for the first time. It's like being a newbie again! I don't know where anything is - flight paths, profession/class trainers even inns but this wonderful WoW leveling guide takes me exactly where I need to be & has reduced some of the frustration for me.


Since I first started using Zygor's WoW leveling guide, they have added several brilliant features, including a Loremaster section - this helped me find all the quests I had missed when questing & I when I eventually knuckled down to it, I got my Loremaster achievement fairly easily.

So why am I only just talking about this now? Well, of course, Mists of Pandaria is launching just 4 days from now & the busy people over at Zygor's have been hard at work preparing the updated version of the Leveling & Loremaster Guide as well as introducing some fabulous new Guides too. I especially like the look of the Dungeons & Gear Guide as I often spend a lot of time, trying to find gear upgrades, even whilst leveling.

So far, they've announced that they will have guides ready for all of the following World of Warcraft topics, available on September 24th - the day BEFORE Mists of Pandaria releases:

* Leveling and Loremaster
* Dailies and Events
* Dungeons and Gear
* Professions and Achievements
* Pets and Mounts
* Titles and Reputations

On top of ALL that new content, they've managed to add a boat load of new features to their guide software.  It's all stuffed into a sleek and powerful package they're calling Zygor 4.0.  They're not finished revealing all of the new features, with more coming over the next couple of days, but what they've revealed so far is brilliant!  This is really something you have to see to believe, so head over there and check out the videos they've released so far.


Blizzard has predicted that Mists of Pandaria will be one of, if not THE largest and most successful World of Warcraft expansions yet. I'm also seeing quite a buzz on Twitter & whilst some folks are still decidedly unimpressed with the whole Panda thing, I am super stoked to get my alts moving. Sadly I have to wait a full week until after launch as I'm currently away from home with no access to my EU account *insert sad panda face here* (pun totally intended by the way!). I also don't have access to my Zygor's WoW leveling guide here so my first steps into Mists of Pandaria are likely to be tentative to say the least!  Go check out the stuff Zygor Guides is doing so you can be prepared to dominate all of this new content right from day one.


6 comments:

  1. You should be ashamed of yourself for advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handera, I'm sorry you don't like my post but as Dru pointed out below, there's no shame in promoting something that I fully 100% endorse. If it was some shady scammy BS then I wouldn't even give it space here. I've been writing here for almost 2 years now & only recently have I added a few ads for products I either use or have only heard good things about.

      I don't intend making a habit of it either so rest assured, you won't be seeing posts like this on a regular basis, just once in a blue moon.

      Delete
  2. Handera, you should be ashamed of yourself for expecting everything for free.

    Writing these articles takes a lot of time.
    Researching articles takes a lot of time, along with monthly subscription fees to WoW just to be able to do that research.

    Nev's time is not free. Rather than writing articles that help YOU in the game, she could be working, or using the tips she's found herself to make gold.

    This is something she uses herself, and there's NO shame in promoting a product you believe in and use - there's also NO shame in valuing your time and trying to make a little coin to off-set the time, effort, research, and writing it takes to bring these articles to ungrateful, greedy little putzes such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your defence Dru, you make some very good points. {{{hug}}}

      Delete
  3. In the end every "gold making blog/guide" has just one purpose: ripping their readers.. be ashamed of this kind of practice. I'll nerver visit this site again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you feel that way but please be aware that 'ripping their readers' is rarely in the forefront of ordinary bloggers minds! Yes I will admit, some blogs are set up purely to make some cash but you can spot those easily by their lack of any real content. I try to provide some decent content here and as I stated above, this is a once in a blue moon commercial post BUT for a guide I heartily recommend even to my own personal friends & family. There is no rip-off involved here, at worst, you click thru & decide not to buy - wasting a few moments of your time only.

      The other point I'd like to make - at least I put it in its' own post, clearly & obviously a commercial post - no hidden links, no devious methods to get your clicks - you could tell from the post title exactly what it was about. I don't see why I should feel ashamed at all.

      Delete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(