Wednesday 5 January 2011

Day 14 - Time for a Few Changes

So I've reached a point where I'm happy with my capital & I'm starting to get a little bored of doing & writing about this experiment of mine! I feel the need to change things up a bit so I've started a human hunter to level a bit.

But the question is which pair of professions will make most money at low levels? I don't really want to go with herbing/mining combo as I've found that the new questing process is too quick to keep my gather skills upto the level of the zone I'm in. On my dwarf shaman on my main server, I hit Wetlands & started seeing so many herbs I couldn't pick yet, that I had to go back to Loch Modan & skill up there. The same thing has happened as she went into Arathi, go back to Wetlands & skill up again. I thought I had been gathering a fair bit while questing but obviously not enough!

So, which profs? - In the end, I chose skinning & leatherworking. I can make gear for myself as I go along & I know some of the lower items sell well - maybe only a gold or two here & there but it does sell.

I'm also going to put inscription on my banker but buy all the herbs I need. With the minor inscription research available at skill 75, I can at least be making glyphs on a regular basis.

I also wondered if it was worth putting enchanting on my banker - either for some of the lowbie scrolls or just to disenchant lowbie, mega cheap gear & sell the mats. I'll have a look today at enchanting mats prices & make my decision from there.

The important thing for me, is that I'm not likely to level that far on this server. I already have 10 toons on my main that need attention & a guild full of lovely people to talk to & play with most of the time. If I was starting here with a thought to stay & level all the way, my decisions would be very different, that's for sure :)

What do you think, dear Reader? Any suggestions or your own stories to tell? Let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(